Information and links to resources for coach education and training.
There are many training opportunities available and they provide a progressive framework for coach and volunteer education and training. All courses are supported by the Inclusive Skating Learning Platform and Virtual Zoom sessions. Everyone registered with Inclusive Skating is given access to the Learning Platform and given the opportunity to register for the Zoom sessions. Check out the latest Virtual Activities Calendar for the current schedule. Registration links are sent by e-mail to everyone registered with Inclusive Skating.
Courses maps across to the National and European Coaching Framework and skill courses can also be used for the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme for Skill Activities.
1. The Safety Course - Available Now - Provides Accredited Inclusive Skating Advisor Status. Essential knowledge on Inclusive Skating safety policy for everyone. Ideal skill qualification for the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Awards Scheme and especially useful if you're learning how to skate or wish to volunteer with Inclusive Skating. CIMPSA - 5 CPD points
2. The Leader Course - Essential knowledge on Inclusive Skating badge program and essential technical and practical volunteer skills. Ideal skill qualification for the Duke of Edinburgh Silver Awards Scheme and especially useful if you're learning how to coach skating or wish to volunteer with Inclusive Skating.
3. The Assistant Coach Course - This provides the Inclusive Skating Assistant Coach Qualification. Essential knowledge on Inclusive Skating coaching. Ideal skill qualification for the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Awards Scheme and especially useful if you're learning how to coach or wish to volunteer with Inclusive Skating. This maps to CIMPSA Assistant Coach Standard and Working with Disabled People Standard. This course has now been endorsed by CIMPSA. CIMSPA - 10 CPD points.
4. The Inclusive Skating Coach Course - Registration now open - This provides the Inclusive Skating Coach Qualification. Essential knowledge on Inclusive Skating coaching and is available once the Assistant Coach Course has been completed successfully. This maps to CIMPSA Coach Standard and Working with Disabled People Standard.
5. Inclusive Skating Officials - Registration now available for Judge Training courses. Additional courses on more specialised roles will continue to be added to the list of courses offered. E.g. Classification, Judging, Technical Delegate, Events, Results etc
6. Inclusive Skating Volunteers and the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme - Inclusive Skating is an Approved Activity Provider for Skills, Physical and Volunteering for The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme. All Skating Skills courses may be used by DofE Participants for their skill activities at Bronze, Silver and Gold Level.
7. Continuing Professional Development - Inclusive Skating is a member of CIMPSA and provides a full range of course as a CIMPSA Employer and Training Partner.
Some additional links:
Learn How to Save a Life Free course
Why Children play sport Infographic
Thank you for your interest in Inclusive Skating Skill and coach education and training!