Information and links to resources for coach education and training.
There are several training opportunities available and they provide a progressive framework for coach and volunteer education and training. All are supported by the Inclusive Skating Learning Platform. Everyone registered with Inclusive Skating is given access to the Learning Platform.
Several of the stages maps across to the National and European Coaching Framework and several of the stages can also be used for the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
1. The Safety Course - Available Now - Provides Accredited Inclusive Skating Advisor Status. Essential knowledge on Inclusive Skating safety policy for everyone. Ideal skill qualification for the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Awards Scheme and especially useful if you're learning how to skate or wish to volunteer with Inclusive Skating. CIMPSA - 5 CPD points
2. The Leader Course - Essential knowledge on Inclusive Skating badge program and essential technical and practical volunteer skills. Ideal skill qualification for the Duke of Edinburgh Silver Awards Scheme and especially useful if you're learning how to coach skating or wish to volunteer with Inclusive Skating.
3. The Assistant Coach Course - This provides the Inclusive Skating Assistant Coach Qualification. Essential knowledge on Inclusive Skating coaching. Ideal skill qualification for the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Awards Scheme and especially useful if you're learning how to coach or wish to volunteer with Inclusive Skating. This maps to CIMPSA Assistant Coach Standard and Working with Disabled People Standard. This course has now been endorsed by CIMPSA. CIMSPA - 10 CPD points.
4. The Inclusive Skating Coach Course - Under Development! - This provides the Inclusive Skating Coach Qualification. Essential knowledge on Inclusive Skating coaching and is only available once the Assistant Coach Course has been completed successfully. This maps to CIMPSA Coach Standard and Working with Disabled People Standard.
5. Inclusive Skating Officials - Under Development! - Additional courses and training opportunities are under development in relation to various Inclusive Skating Official roles, E.g. Classification, Judging, Technical Delegate, Events, Results etc
6. Inclusive Skating Volunteers and the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme - Inclusive Skating is an Approved Activity Provider for Skills, Physical and Volunteering for The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
7. Continuing Professional Development - Inclusive Skating is a member of CIMPSA and provides a full range of course as a CIMPSA Employer and Training Partner.
Please note that some training materials were recorded prior to the pandemic and are not compliant with current Covid Policies, e.g. shaking hands is not recommended. So, please follow the current Covid-19 Safety policy and relevant legislation and regulation in your home and local jurisdiction at all times.
Some additional links:
Learn How to Save a Life Free course
Why Children play sport Infographic
Thank you for your interest in Inclusive Skating Skill and coach education and training!